Ada Foah has for a long time now been the paradise town of the Greater Accra region of Ghana with a lot to see and do. The typical Ghanaian warmth flows easily from village to village and on the streets with each person serving as a potential tour guide. Ada is vitally the only. town that cannot be omitted from the Ghana map when its drawn each time as its tucked between the Volta Lake and the Gulf of Guinea (Atlantic Ocean) with the estuary (Azizanya) being a hotspot for leisure lovers.
Things to do
- Visit ecologically conserved sites such as mangrove forests, crocodile islands and migratory birds sites.
- Spot marine turtles, visit breeding points and see the fascinating map of sea turtle migrations in Ghana, with links to other parts of the world, at http://www.seaturtle.org.
- Sail around 1000 Island communities on the Volta lake
- Visit the largest estuary in Ghana and watch how the sea and the lake interact.
- Enjoy various waterspouts from speed boats to sailing, canoeing to kayaking or surfing for the brave hearts.
- Enjoy clean, long and sunny beaches in Ghana at Ada Foah and Big Ada,
- Visit Aflive, a nice village on the big island just opposite Ada Foah try some of the locally distilled apateshie. The islanders are known for their distilling prowess. Taste in moderation as alcohol contents can be extremely high.
- Explore the market at Ada-Foah on Wednesdays and Saturdays (market days) for varied seafood selection – fresh clams, shrimp, crabs and several varieties of fish all for great prices. You can also find fresh green vegetables as well, such as cucumbers, bell peppers, lettuce, onions and carrots.
- Try your luck at deep sea fishing. Behemoths are just off shore. It is possible to charter a boat but local knowledge needs to be sought to find a suitable charter boat available at the time you require. There’s tuna, mackerel, barracuda, and of course the great blue marlin.
- Relax and enjoy the sunset at the Tsarley Korpey Resort.
- Visit in the first week of August and partake in the most popular festival in the Greater Accra region #Asafotufiam.
Ada is just about an hour and half drive from the capital Accra.
Accommodation, Feeding and Refreshment
There are several hotels from luxury riverfront facilities such as Aqua Safari Resort, Tsarley korpey Resort to budget facilities offering various levels of service in Ada. Beach camps that
Get Directions: Get Directions