CHOCOLATE WEEK 2022
Chocolate Day celebration for this year has been extended into a full week celebration dubbed Chocolate Week.
Activities will be held under the theme “Eat Chocolate, Stay Healthy and Grow Ghana” and sub-themed
Our Chocolate, Our Health, Our Wealth”. This annual celebration is a partnership between the Ghana Tourism Authority, Ghana Cocoa Board and the Cocoa Processing Company (CPC). Partnering this year’s event are Chocolatiers like 57Chocolate, Niche Cocoa and Cocoa liquor manufacturer GIHOC Distilleries.
PROGRAMME OF ACTIVITIES
- Opening of chocolate city at the Tetteh Quarshie Roundabout and Kumasi Jubilee Park on Tuesday, 8th February 2022.
- Master Class at UG-Legon, Bank of Ghana Hall on Tuesday, 8th February 2022.
- Poetry Night at Tetteh Quashie Roundabout and Kumasi Jubilee Park on Wednesday, 9th February, 2022.
- Cook-off, Old School Night at Tetteh Quashie Roundabout and Kumasi Jubilee Park on Thursday, 10th February, 2022.
- Presentation to Chief Imam at Kanda and School Tour in Selected Basic School on Friday, 11th February, 2022.
- Family Day at Tetteh Quashie Roundabout and Kumasi Jubilee Park on Saturday, 12th February, 2022.
- Health Talk in selected Churches and Ladies Night at Tetteh Quashie Roundabout and Kumasi Jubilee Park on Sunday, 13th, February, 2022.
- Chocolate Day at Tetteh Quashie Roundabout and Kumasi Jubilee Park. on Monday 14th February, 2022
- Chocolate Day at Dubai Expo.
- Float with Accra City Tour Bus.
- Movie Premier, Tetteh Quarshie” at Silverbird Cinema on Friday, 18th February, 2022.
- Chocolatorium (Business of Chocolate) on Monday, 21st February, 2022.
Chocolate City opened as part of Chocolate Week celebrations
Ghana launches National Chocolate Week
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CALL: 0244657715
About Chocolate Day
The National Chocolate Day Celebration was instituted in 2005 to coincide with Valentine’s Day which falls on 14th February every year to boost the domestic consumption of Ghana chocolate and other cocoa-based products, promote domestic tourism and give a healthy orientation to the celebration of Valentine’s Day in Ghana in collaboration with Cocoa Processing Company, Ghana Cocoa Board and Cocoa producing Companies.