The Ghana Tourism Authority is the public service agency responsible for promoting regulating tourism in Ghana as well as licensing and classification of tourism facilities and services, research and development.
Mandate & Vision
The Authority was established under the Tourism Act, 2011 (Act 817) to regulate tourism enterprises and to provide for related matters. It is the main tourism implementing Agency of the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture (MOTAC).
The vision of GTA is to be the main driver for the growth of Tourism and to see Ghana become the leading sustainable Tourist Destination in West Africa by 2026.
To ensure the sustainable development of tourism through:
- Deployment of the Best Technology and ICT
- Effective Regulation and Standardization
- Strengthening Partnerships (Multi- Agency partnerships, Public – Private Partnerships, Stakeholder partnerships)
- Aggressive Marketing and Robust Investment promotion
- Uplifting Industry Service, Safety and Health Standards
- Enhancing accountability and shared responsibility