The Visit Ghana App results from Destination Single Window Project aimed at creating a harmonized platform handling Ghana Tourism Authority’s main services. The project is in 3 modules, each aimed at addressing identified needs in the industry.
– Module 1 focuses on enhancing the tourism levy collection process to raise needed funding for destination marketing, capacity building and infrastructural projects.
– Module 2 aims at automating GTA processes and providing a seamless interface with relevant stakeholders
– Module 3 targets the promotion of Ghana as an attractive tourism destination.
Public / Visitors / Tourists
The general public can:
- Book tours including the Accra City Tour Morning or Afternoon Tours.
- Order food
- Book tourist site visits
- Reserve or book hotels and other accommodation
- Rent cars etc
- Make payment for services
For Service Providers such as Hoteliers, Restauranteurs, Tourism Sites or Attraction Operators, Travel and Tour Operators, Tour Guides, Car Rentals, Chop Bars etc. the platform affords them the opportunity to;
- create Micro-Websites which they can use to self-manage the promotion
- marketing of their products and services.
- receive payments for services
The Visit Ghana App also offers a secure payment platform to enable operators and the public to engage in payments over secure channels which goes straight into the bank and or mobile money accounts of operators.