The Ghana Tourism Authority under the auspices of the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture will on Monday, September 21, 2020 commission the Odweanoma Paragliding Field.
The Odweanoma Paragliding Site has over the past 2 years been upgraded into a model event ground capable of supporting all-year-round recreational activities.
The field includes;
– Expansion of the take-off point to handle 4 tandem gliders for launch.
– the re-grassing of take-off point,
– fencing of the event ground,
– construction of a new entrance post,
– paving of the entire event area,
– Provision of permanent canopy stands for event-goers and public
– Provision of a new 6-seater washroom facility
– Construction of a food court
– Construction of a VIP lounge
Busts of the Late Hon. Jake Otanka Obetsebi Lamptey, former Minister of Tourism and late Ferdinand Ayim Special Assistant to Jake) will be unveiled to remember their contribution in establishing the event. In addition, plaques will also be unveiled at the site to acknowledge the contributions and support of individuals who have championed the development and growth of the sport in Kwahu, Atibie.